We are architects specializing in K-12 and higher educational facilities, public use projects, medical facilities and retail projects.
Responsible for supporting/backing-up the Director of Construction in his duties. (This involves, making phone calls or sending emails to Clients, Consultants, Contractors, Construction Managers or Program Managers (as needed) regarding RFI’s, Submittals, AFO’s, CCD’s, Deferred Approvals and other general construction related correspondence. Also includes working with the Project Managers, Job Captains or Designers in obtaining sketches, attachments, and responses to questions regarding all construction related correspondence.)
CADD experience desirable but not required to modify/create CADD files to accompany RFI responses, AFO’s, CCD’s (as needed), for all projects in Construction. (This may involve contacting/working with Consultants in obtaining their CADD files and being able to coordinate with Consultants on CADD changes that may be required on their drawings.)
- Project Meetings: Responsible for attending Construction Meetings for assigned projects or as needed if Director of Construction is unable to attend. (This involves taking notes or meeting minutes, if applicable. Answering construction related questions regarding the project and bid documents. Walking the jobsite and answering questions or bringing questions back to the office for further review and answer at a later date.) Walking the jobsite includes climbing on ladders and stairs, climbing into excavations, and walking on large construction sites.
- Responsible for the review of all incoming project submittals that require review by the Architect. (This involves comparing the submittal(s) to the project drawings and specifications and determining if the submittal matches what is on the approved bid documents.)
- Responsible for stamping and marking up submittals, as required. May include transferring comments to multiple sets or making copies of marked up sets.
- Responsible for assisting Consultants, Clients, Contractors, Construction Managers or Program Managers with all questions regarding submittals, as required.
- Request For Information (RFIs): Responsible for the review and preliminary answer of incoming project RFI’s (Request for Information) that require response by the Architect. (This involves working with the Project Managers (as required), reviewing the bid documents, or other construction documents, in order to answer the RFI. May also include communicating with the Consultants to help answer an RFI or assisting Consultants in their answering of an RFI. Final review of the RFI response is by Direction of Construction prior to the RFI with response being returned to the field.)
- Architect Field Orders (AFOs): Responsible for drafting AFO’s. (This involves working closely with Direction of Construction to determine what AFO’s need to be issued. Working with the Project Manager’s to obtain sketches or attachments, as required. Contacting Consultants to obtain AFO information, at Director of Construction’s direction. Final review of AFO’s is by Direction of Construction prior to the AFO being issued to the field.)
To apply please send cover letter, resume and work samples to: email@example.com