Firm Name: Project Support Services, Inc.
Firm Website: www.psscert.com
Job Location: Corona, CA
Salary Range: DOE
Job Description: Are you a multi-tasker? Do you love being part of a team? Do you welcome challenges and change with open arms? Are you ready to grow? If you answered yes to all the above, we want to hear from you! Our small woman-owned business is making an impact in the construction industry, and we’re seeking out an amazing individual to add to our team!
More About Us: Project Support Services serves clients in the school construction industry across California. We assist public school districts and community colleges with project planning, design review, and other detailed consulting services. It’s our duty and greatest passion to act as a leader in this industry, certifying every project we manage. Our clients have a vision for their community, staff and most importantly their students – when working with our team, our clients can trust we will bring their vision to life. We share in the same vision to give back not only to our community, but also to our clients by providing unparalleled service and valuable tools to help their infrastructure thrive and grow.
Who We’re Looking For: Project Support Services is in search of an experienced Job Captain with Education (PK – 12) project experience. Responsible for managing complex projects in all phases. Assist in architectural problem solving. Lead Project Coordinators in plan of action, project solutions and research, while monitoring adherence to priority projects. Interact with clients, consultants, and vendors. Ability to work with a team on larger projects. Someone with great communications skills, confidence to ask questions and seek answers, someone who thinks critically, a team player, willing to wear numerous hats and grow professionally but also personally. We want someone who knows when to lead the team, but also feel comfortable stepping into a supporting role. Must think outside the box and present new ideas on how to grow and enhance service. Someone who can take direction well, apply it and work independently. We do not believe in micro-managing but require great communication. We all contribute amazing, individual assets to add to the strength and success of the organization as a whole and want our new team member to contribute their own special flair. MUST HAVE A PASSION FOR SCHOOL CONSTRUCTION.
· As Job Captain you will work closely with a team of Project Coordinators to expertly manage our projects from initiation to completion for our clients.
· Support School Districts with specific closeout and/or compliance in all phases of designated projects.
· Maintain positive relationships and communication with clients and vendors to produce successful outcomes for the projects.
· Collaborate with all internal departments to bring a project to fruition.
· Meet deadlines, hold costs within a set budget and make the team aware of the project budget.
· Coordinate regular meetings and phone conference calls to facilitate progress and maintain communication with clients.
· Inform all parties if any issues or concerns arise during the project life cycle.
· Assemble invoice details for the Accounting department on a weekly basis.
· Maintain records and information throughout the projects.
· Review plans for projects, Google Earth shots, create action item list, QA/QC, prepare forms for client signature, prepare closeout packets, mail to state offices, upload forms to the cloud.
· Education: Architectural degree from an accredited university or equivalent demonstrated proficiency
· Experience: Minimum of five (5) years experience in production and coordination of documents in all phases of architectural practice desired and proficiency with DSA projects
· Bluebeam Proficient
· DSA Box Proficient
· Solid working knowledge of Excel, Microsoft Word, cloud-based systems, Gmail, PowerPoint, and ability to learn new software applications quickly
· Travel required, light percentage of job will require travel, post COVID-19
· Highly detailed and efficient at problem solving
· Positive, enthusiastic, fast learner and self-driven
· Knowledgeable of building code
· Background in business, construction, or project management and PMP is a plus
As a small business, we offer the best benefits possible.
· We offer a 401K plan and match your deposit after you receive an employee evaluation. (Timeframe is determined by the CEO.)
· We’re offering health insurance options for our employees after probation period.
· We’re offering flexibility with this position. Employees will be able to work from home 1 or 2 days per week depending on scope of work.
· The position is Full-time.
· We pay for training and workshops that will help you be the best at your position.
· If you run errands or drive to our client’s office mileage is covered. You must have a valid California driver’s license.
· The pay range depends on experience.
· A review will be held after 90 days and then annually.
What’s most important to us, is that we add the right person to our team. At Project Support Services, we’re like family. Our turnover rate is extremely low and have the expectation of bringing someone on who wants to stay committed to our team for at least two years – because we’re equally committed to you, your growth, and your success. We believe everyone has a different skill trade, so if you feel you are qualified, please apply.
Can’t wait to review your resume and hopefully meet you in person! Thank you in advance.
Send resume and cover letter to outreach at psscert.com explaining why you think you would be a good fit for our team.
Thank you in advance for your interest!
Natassia Melendrez-Knutson, PSS CEO
Contact Information: email@example.com